Who is collecting the data?
The data is collected by The Cooler Company. The data will never be passed on to third parties.
Types of data we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name, job title and organisation
- Contact information including email address, telephone number, postal address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What do we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use this information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
We will not keep personal data longer than is necessary for the purpose or purposes for which it was collected. We will take all reasonable steps to destroy, or erase from our systems, all data which is no longer required.
What are cookies?
How are cookies managed?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access our website are
necessary to enable you to a make purchases on our website.
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: -
1. For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our website, particularly in relation to on-line transactions and site navigation.
2. To enable The Cooler Company to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
When someone visits www.coolercompany.co.uk we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Access to your personal information
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you may request details of personal information which we hold about you. You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. For a small fee we can send you a copy of the information held on you. Please write to: The Cooler Company, The Warehouse, Knuston Home Farm, Irchester, Northants NN29 7EX or email your request to our data protection officer: Stephen Outhwaite firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
How to make a complaint
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact our Data Protection Officer Stephen Outhwaite on 01933 410410.
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England.